17 April 2007

Today we are all hokies

One of my friends found out her friend from Virginia Tech was shot twice in the leg, but okay. She is still waiting to hear from two of her friends, one of whom was in the engineering building at the time of the shooting. Another of my friends knows a guy who was shot in the arm. Another of my friends found out her friend died. All of my friends are okay, but shaken up (understandably). So many people are showing their support. I think everyone realizes this could have happened anywhere. Many are running through different scenarios in their head trying to figure out how they would react. Many are criticizing the VT administration for not getting notice to the students fast enough. Many are criticizing those involved, asking why no one stopped this guy. But you know, you never know how you will react in a situation until it happens to you. So all we can do now is show our support and be there for our family and friends.

No comments: